Ever hear crickets early in the morning? This spring and summer have been unusually nice where I live. Cooler breezes, blue skies, fluffy clouds, some rainy days, starry nights, birds twittering outside my back door and, crickets chirping when I wake up. The heat of the summer hasn't really taken hold of the area and the LOUD droneing of the cicadas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada hasn't kicked in yet, but crickets are nice. It means summer. It means cooler in the shade. It means rest at night. It means safe and friendly sounds while you calm down from your day or, in my recent experience, you wake up to the friendly, "Hel-lo- still-here." (By the way, SEEING the cricket and HEARING the cricket are two different things. Bugs stay outside of the house!)When my family and I lived in Alaska for two years I never noticed there were no crickets until we came back to the lower 48. Oh, ya, Crickets! Summer wouldn't be complete without cricket chirping.-- Kind of like summer without watermelon.
No comments:
Post a Comment