What a year! A new relationship, my son's wedding, most of my co-workers retired, I went through two more semesters of school (flunked Algebra), decided to go to school full time in a different part of the state, quit my job, have to pack, and I'm going to be a first time grandma.
It has been fabulous, but taken a toll on my health. Summer is just not enough time to recover. I have tried to live my new philosophy of enjoying the moments as they come along. And I have. Every one. (Well, maybe not the 2 weeks of the sinus thing and then the draggy 2 weeks of recovery.) From talking on the phone to my kids in Alaska, to performing my interpretation of "Sally O'Malley-- I'm 50!" (from Saturday Night Live) on my birthday, to going for my first limo ride and discovering I get motion sickness, to just watching the sun sink down behind a tree at sunset. Life is better when it's simpler.
On to other adventures this Fall at another state university to study Horticulture and learn how to treat my body better. Hope your new choices bring you greater satisfaction and joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ditto to getting healthier and living simpler. Love You Tons.
Betty the Boop
Oh yeah, I wish you much success, joy and fulfillment in your new experiences.
Boop
Post a Comment