I usually spill my guts to my journal --have ever since I was given a small, pink journal with a lock on my 12Th birthday. Back then entries were about guys I had a crush on and all the boring things I did. I still do that, but use it more now to work out the issues of the day or issues in the brain. For some reason I got an urge to do the same on the web.
My kids call me Wolverine-- long story-- maybe I'll tell it sometime, but suffice it to be that it means I tend to worry about details that are either irrelevant, aren't really my problem or I can't do anything about. Mostly I call it the worries and things moms will do to take care of their family. Me branching out to post journal entries on the Internet is NOT a wolverine thing to do. "Your identity could be stolen". True, but just like walking out the door to go to work every morning you take a risk you'll even make it there and back that day. Chances are you do. So I figured the chances of anyone using me for my identity or some other unforeseen reason compared to the good that I would get out of it, or even some random soul out there gets uplifted by what I have to say, was worth the risk.
So now that Wolverine is on-line, I would like to post things I see or think about. Some may be about a cute family of geese I saw ambling across busy 6Th street in the town I live in during morning rush hour and marveled at how patient all the stopped drivers were waiting for them to safely pass from one side of the 5 lane road to the other. Or I might comment on how lovely a racially mixed couple looks on their wedding day. I might also have an angry voice and complain about the US involvement in a foreign country that really doesn't need us to "fix" their problems. Whatever the contemplation, I felt I at least needed to "put the energy out there". Let there be at least one voice that said, "Life was lovely today." or "Why should life be lived this way? Let's try another."
So for those of you that happen to take an interest, you are welcome to read. Since I am technologically challenged, my blog will be simple. Hopefully I can figure out how to add pictures and other bylines to make it fun. Let's see how well I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Mary. I loved reading this. You are awesome.
Love Boop
Good job, Mom!
Thank you for blogging! It will help us keep up with how you are doing.
Way to go, Wolverine.
Post a Comment